Welcome

This blog collects all of my research on Dr. Devra Bogdanovich as well as becoming a way to tell her story. You can check the What is this page for an overview of the project, or browse through the Bio and Career pages to learn about Dr. Bogdanovich's work and life. The main part of the blog will serve as a journal of my journey to document my research and to pay homage to a distinguished scientist.

Friday, January 10, 2014

A new year and new revelations, but where is Devra

Welcome to a New Year and sorry for the silence, that is primarily due to the fact that there has not been much from or related to Devra. This archivist is rather worried and hopes all is well for the good Doctor.

I did want to share two items, one was actually recorded at the beginning of the Niantic Project, so while it is an "older" document, it reveals new things about the initial Niantic team, including Devra.



Here is the transcript I created - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_wM76LF-F-h2-Qdtw3ZrQFKyN9_JEDnOWU8DSX9Xu24/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the little blurb about Devra, although you learn small tidbits about her as you listen to the entire briefing. She has a very light manner, positive and enjoys a little humor and is certain the world will be changed.  Oh how she has changed since the recording of this meeting.

Devra: Let me start by thanking you all for coming. If you had a chance to walk around the facility, you’ve undoubtedly seen CERN is not much to look at from the outside. But hidden within there are amazing wonders. I think that might also describe our eclectic and diverse group. Now there’ll be a full personnel briefing later this afternoon, but I wanted to take a moment to introduce the individuals that comprise the Niantic Project team. They are about to become the most important people in your life.  

For those of you who I haven’t met personally, I’m Dr. Devra Bogdanovich (some clapping) I… (Devra pauses as clapping dies down) I’ve been tasked to lead Niantic. I’m a theoretical quantum researcher from Stanford University. Which is to say that I study discrete individual units of energy called quanta. An interesting fact about quanta it that it is physically impossible to know both the location and the momentum of an individual particle at the same time. So, what might frustrate a less scattered mind is something I am quite comfortable with, which may be the reason I was recruited by Dr. Calvin to head this project in the first place.

The second is a set of year in review special Ingress Reports, which include some of the activities of Devra during the last year.  I created a transcript for part 1 and worked on part 2.




No comments:

Post a Comment